At Clovelly, we are continuously focused on providing the best experience for our members and guests. We always encourage all players to do their part by adhering to the following policies:
- Please arrive at the course approximately 20 minutes before your scheduled tee time.
- All players must always check in prior to heading to the 1st tee.
- Please respect the course by repairing ball-marks, replacing divots and raking bunkers.
- Please evaluate your pace of play and always keep up with the group ahead of you. The new rules of golf encourage “ready golf” and minimum searching for golf balls. These practices will help you and your group keep pace with the group ahead.
- Please keep carts away from the green, tee boxes and all wet areas and observe all cart directional signage.
- Please keep your cell phone on vibrate and or silent and use texting whenever possible.
Proper golf attire is required for all players while in the Clubhouse as well as on our courses and practice areas.
Men – Casual attire is permitted with the following guidelines: Shirts must have collars and sleeves. Turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks and wind shirts are accepted. Pants and shorts must be neat and presentable.
Ladies - Casual attire is permitted with the following guidelines: Dresses, blouses, slacks and shorts with a minimum of six-inch inseam are considered proper attire. Turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks and wind shirts are acceptable. Shirts must have sleeves or a collar.
Shoes – Golf shoes with soft spikes, golf sandals or running shoes are permitted
Tee shirts, tank tops, halter tops, jeans, cut-offs, sweatpants, or other athletic attire are not permitted to be worn on the courses or on the practice areas.
- A rain check will be issued for holes not completed due to inclement weather or when the golf course becomes unplayable.
- The rain check will be pro-rated, in the form of a receipt, for the amount based on the green fee paid by the player and the number of holes completed prior to the interruption. (e.g. a player pays $ 42 for 18 holes and only completes 9 holes, the player will receive a rain check receipt for $ 21)
- The player will receive a rain check receipt with a 6-digit code. The receipt must be presented to receive the rain check credit towards your next round.
- A rain check is non-refundable.
Pace of Play
To make rounds of golf more enjoyable for all players, Clovelly is committed to reasonable pace of play expectations for all members and guests on both The Osprey and Black Duck courses.
- The Osprey should be played in less than 4 hours and 15 minutes.
- Black Duck should be played in less than 3 hours.
- All players should go to their ball as soon as possible and be ready to play their shot.
- All players are encouraged to practice continuous putting and keep putting until they have holed out or picked up their ball.
- All players should always keep up with the group ahead.
- Pace clocks are positioned on holes #5, #8, #10, #13, #16 and they will indicate if your group is on pace (i.e. tee time is 7:08, each clock should reflect that time as your group passes it).
- Player Assistants will monitor pace of play throughout the day and advise your group if you are keeping pace.
- Should your group fall out of position during the round, we will ask that you please improve your pace of play. If you continue to be out of position, the Player Assistant will advise you to skip a portion of the golf course in order to get your group back in position.
This policy will be enforced with the intent of maintaining a reasonable pace and ensuring all members and guests have a pleasurable experience on our courses. We encourage players to familiarize themselves with the new rules that can assist them with pace of play. These new rules can be found on the Golf Canada website at www.golfcanada.ca
- This policy is designed for players who are required to use a power cart due to physical limitations.
- Players must provide a medical certificate (doctor’s note or a Provincially Certified Handicap Parking Permit in the name of the individual player requesting the medical cart).
- Players will be provided a “blue flag” for their cart which must always be visible on the cart.
- A Medical cart is considered a “single rider” and if the member chooses to permit a guest or fellow member to ride, they must purchase the second seat at the applicable single cart rate as posted on the website and in the clubhouse.
- Course Superintendent will have final decision if a medical cart is permitted on the course during inclement weather.
- Carts are required to remain on cart paths only wherever possible, and always around greens and tee boxes. If cart paths are not available, members must use the 90-degree rule.
Booking and Cancellation / No Show
Tee times may be booked 24 hours through to 30 days in advance, on line at www.clovelly.ca or through our new mobile app or by calling the Pro Shop at 709-722-7170 extension 1.
- A valid credit card must be on file for all tee time bookings (applies to on line and telephone bookings).
- Players may only book one tee time per day on line. Replays will be based on availability and may only be booked through the Pro Shop, 24 hours in advance.
- Players may book for other players using the guest of option but must provide the names of the players within 3 days (72 hours) prior to the tee time. A tee time reminder will be sent to the player(s) 72 hours in advance.
- Tee time must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance. Players may cancel on line, through the mobile app or by calling the Pro Shop. Players who fail to cancel prior to 24 hours will be charged a cancellation fee of the applicable green fee rate plus HST. Clovelly members who fail to cancel will be charged a no-show fee of $32 + HST.
- Players with “guest” bookings that fail to cancel as per the policy, will be charged the applicable green fee rate.
- Clovelly Management will use discretion for cancellation less than 24 hours when inclement weather is a factor.
Locker and Key
Clovelly is pleased to provide its members with a club locker and key. Members will be assigned a locker number and a key at the beginning of the golf season. FLEX, Junior Advanced and Junior Black Duck members may be able to acquire a locker, based on availability, at a cost of $ 100 + HST.
The following guidelines shall apply to all members using a club locker:
- Members should refrain from leaving food and drink in their locker because of pest control and odours.
- Clovelly reserves the right to access lockers at its sole discretion if there is a suspected security risk or an environmental concern.
- Members are required to remove all belongings from their locker at the end of the golf season as the lockers are sanitized yearly. Members who fail to remove belongings will be subject to a fee of $ 25 + HST. Clovelly staff will remove articles and keep in storage for 1 month; following that time, items will be discarded and/or donated.
- Clovelly is not responsible for theft of or damage to possessions left in a member’s locker.
Clovelly offers members, on a first come first serve basis, cart storage at a cost of $ 100 + HST. Space is very limited, and, over time, the styles and configurations of these carts change. The following guidelines shall apply:
- Members who stored carts in the previous golf season will be given first right of refusal for the new golf season.
- Members who express an interest to have cart storage will be placed on a waitlist and, based on availability, will be assigned when space for their cart type becomes available. The fee of $ 100 plus HST will be due at that time.
- Members who have cart storage and change their cart to a different style (e.g. Clic GearTM to electric) will be secured a space for their new cart style upon availability. If space is not available, members will be placed on a waitlist for the new style.
- To ensure your cart storage place for the next golf season, members must have paid their applicable membership for the next golf season on or before March 31 of the new golf season. Members who have not paid will forfeit their spot.
- Members are required to remove their cart at the end of the golf season (no later than first week of November) or will be subject to a monthly charge of $ 25 + HST for each month the cart is left in storage. This fee must be paid prior to renewal of cart storage.
- Clovelly is not responsible for theft or damage to golf carts in storage.
Clovelly is pleased to offer all members club storage and cleaning. At the start of the golf season members will be provided a Clovelly bag tag that will correspond with their storage location. This tag should be visible on your bag to make it easier for the Clovelly staff to identify your bag.
The following guidelines shall apply:
- It is recommended that members not leave food, drink or valuables (including Rangefinders) in their golf bag.
- Members are required to remove their golf bag at the end of the golf season, or they will be subject to a monthly charge of $ 25 + HST for each month the golf bag is left on Clovelly premises. This fee must be paid prior to renewal of club storage.
- Clovelly will not be responsible for theft of or damage to clubs or items in storage.